Wednesday, April 6, 2011

January Jones for Marie Claire UK

Pouty face.

Gucci Spring 2011 Collection/Model: Joan Smalls


The Marie Claire UK May 2011 Issue features January Jones, who really needs to take more modeling jobs until Mad Men gets back on its feet.

But first:

On her role in Mad Men: "I'd done films, but never TV. I was hesitant because it was a five-year contract and there wasn't really a role for Betty in the pilot."

On her success:
"I think this is a really good moment for me, careerwise. 'Nothing ever came to me too easily or too fast, so I've been able to adjust. I've never got too bitter or jaded."

On why she became an actress:
"I'm afraid of judgement and I couldn't think of a job where you're more open to judgement, more exposed. I always have to face my fears."

On remaining private:
"I don't like living with other people and I don't mind being alone. I don't like having an entourage of people around me. I have a select group of friends who I hang out with. I just don't really have a lot of time or energy to put into a relationship where nothing's going to happen."

On disliking interviews:
"When I talk about myself, half the time I'm lying. Maybe. I do it because I'm bored of talking about myself, or I have nothing left to say, or I want to be private that day. Everybody writes that they think I'm so unhappy. 'Not at all. I'm in my own head. I'm doing things. Keeping things interesting."

She sounds about as dull as we figured.

Don't get us wrong; we think JJ gets a bad rap sometimes and people don't give her Betty Draper portrayal its due, arguing that she's essentially playing a version of herself. We can't claim to know what the real JJ is like, but when we watch a storm of emotions whip across Betty Draper's face - rage, fear, desire, revulsion, all of which she's attempting to suppress in good WASP fashion - we're watching an actress do damn fine work.

And with these pictures we're watching a model do some damn fine work as well.

Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2011 Collection/Model: Hilary Rhoda


Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 Collection/Model: Kirsi Pyrhonen (VIVA)


Versace Pre-Fall 2011 Collection/Model: Kasia Struss


Balenciaga from Matches Fashion Spring 2011 Collection

Man, this girl can rock the vibrant colors and prints, can't she? She looks great in every shot but she looks particularly sex-kitten delicious in the Versace. Hair and makeup are gorgeous and she should default to this look for all public appearances. The lacquered hair and color on her face suit her like no other look. And she's an uncommonly good model for an actress, achieving an intensity here with seemingly little effort.

[Photo/Video Credit: marieclaire.co.uk, style.com, matchesfashion.com]


Post a Comment

Labels: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment